The best baked goods to ship are the ones that can be wrapped individually, can ship as a whole, and are not prone to melting. Your best bet is any baked good that is sturdy like cookies, pound cakes, cupcakes (ideally without frosting), brownies, breads without yeast, muffins, and bars.
Can you ship homemade food in the mail?
So, it is safe to mail homemade food? In short: Yes, so long as the food is packed securely and baked in a clean environment, according to HuffPost. … When packing food to ship to loved ones, the USDA recommends shipping perishable items in a foam or cardboard box with a cold source, such as dry ice or a frozen gel pack.
Yes, you can mail cookies! You can mail them via USPS, Fedex and UPS and, depending on how fast you want them to arrive, you can choose expedited shipping. What is this? You want your cookies to arrive fresh so I recommend using, at a maximum, three to four-day shipping depending on the kind of cookie you’re sending.
How much does it cost to ship baked goods?
He recommends budgeting $10-$20 per package; Vitak estimates that her packages cost $8-$15 each with USPS. The costs of packaging material can also add up, but it’s often more economical if you purchase in bulk. Split the materials and the costs with a friend, or save the remaining materials to use again next year.
How long will baked goods last in the mail?
Most cookie recipes last about a week; sometimes up to two weeks. The point is, you don’t want them to arrive just as they’re reaching their best-by date, so don’t ship them via parcel post or any other method that will have your cookies in transit for a week or longer.
How do you ship home cooked meals?
Wrap each smaller container with more plastic wrap or with aluminum foil to keep the temperature in and to prevent spillage. If you’re sending food in breakable containers, such as glass or pottery, wrap each container in bubble roll and surround them with foam peanuts.
How do you send home cooked food to someone?
Leave the food on their doorstep
Wear gloves and use utensils to maneuver the food in the pan while it’s cooking. Once it’s done, move the contents in the pan directly to a container, but again, make sure to do so without touching the food with your hands.
How do you keep baked goods fresh for shipping?
Shipping Baked Goods
- Choose baked goods that are moist, firm and hard—not brittle. …
- Use two containers: one for your baked goods and one as the shipping container.
- Wrap cookies individually or place back-to-back and wrap loosely as a pair in plastic wrap or zip-lock plastic bags.
Line the bottom of a durable, rigid box or cookie tin with cushioning material (like some crumpled parchment), then place larger and heavier cookies on the bottom, and smaller cookies on top. You can also add a layer of parchment paper or wax paper between each cookie for additional protection.
How to Package Cookies for Mailing
- Use a durable, rigid box or empty tin as a mailing container. …
- Wrap four to six cookies of the same size together in aluminum foil, plastic wrap or plastic bags. …
- Don’t pack crisp and soft cookies together.
What is the cheapest way to ship baked?
The Cheapest Way to Ship Cookies and Baked Goods
- USPS First Class Package Is the Cheapest Way to Ship a Package of Cookies Under 1 Pound. …
- For Cookies and Baked Goods Over 1 Pound, Priority Mail Cubic is the Best Option. …
- To Retain the Most Freshness, Use Priority Mail Express.
Can you Fedex baked goods?
The US only allows the shipping of baked goods if they are going from one individual to another, and it must be marked as a gift on the customs form. When shipping cookies, for example, adding a slice of white bread will help keep them fresh because the bread will absorb any moisture.
How do I ship baked goods to small business?
Wrap individual treats with parchment paper, cello bags, or food liners to keep them intact. Plus, if an order contains multiple goodies in the same package or shipment, individual wrappings will prevent your baked goods from sticking to one another during transit.
How do I pack a bakery for shipping?
How to Package Baked Goods for Shipping
- Cool baked goods before packing them. You should only package cooled baked goods.
- Secure each item. Wrap individual treats in food grade bags, parchment paper, or food liners to help keep them intact. …
- Leave no wiggle room. …
- Give your package a good shake.
How do you send cupcakes in the mail?
How to Ship Cupcakes
- Gather necessary materials. …
- Make and decorate your cupcakes. …
- Insert cupcakes into cupcake shipping boxes. …
- Protect the cupcakes from jostling. …
- Place the cupcake container into your box and pack it in tight. …
- Send cupcakes by mail overnight. …
- Choose durable materials.